Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read Chapter 7 in the course textbook, Using Financial Accounting.
You may consider using the same company and annual reports that you chose in your Week 1 – Discussion Forum, Reading and Using the Annual Report Case Study. This choice will only work if the company generates the bulk of its revenue from the sale of goods and maintains inventory. If not, then you will need to select another company for this analysis. Choose a company that a fellow student has not already posted.
Address the following:
Calculate the inventory turnover ratio and number of days’ sales in inventory for the company for the latest two years. Obtain the industry averages for these ratios and any other pertinent information from the Mergent OnlineLinks to an external site. database, available through the UAGC Library, or use another outside resource of your choice, and then analyze the results. Be sure to show your calculations.
If needed, review the How to Find Industry Ratios and Averages Using Mergent OnlineLinks to an external site. tutorial on how to use the Mergent OnlineLinks to an external site. database.
Discuss what each of these ratios tells you about the company’s efficiency in managing its inventory and how they compare to the industry average.
Identify the major causes of any changes in these ratios and discuss your assessment of the company based on these changes.
As an investor, explain whether or not you are satisfied with the company’s inventory management.
Your initial response should be a minimum of 200 words. Graduate school students learn to assess the perspectives of several scholars. Support your response with at least one scholarly or credible resource, in addition to the text. Cite your sources in APA Style with in-text citations and a reference list. The Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your PaperLinks to an external site. and APA: Formatting Your References ListLinks to an external site. provide instructions and examples.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25