Invitation Homes rented a house in Chicago, IL to Rebecca for $3,000 per month. Rebecca paid the first six months' rent (January through June), but then her furnace broke. She called and put in a service request at the end of June. After two more months of paying her rent (July and August), Invitation Homes has still not repaired it. It is now September and the weather is starting to get a bit cooler. She was not concerned at first, but has decided to refuse to pay rent for September in protest.
1. What are the rights and responsibilities of each party?
2. What is the Warranty of Habitability in Illinois or more specifically Chicago? Research state and/or local leasing laws. Is there any law that requires a residential home that is leased to have working heat?
3. Is it permissible for Rebecca to withhold her rent until the furnace is fixed? Why or why not?
4. If this situation occurred in your state, what does the law state on the matter? Research state and/or local leasing laws.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25