You will select 1 of the 4 topics for your Discussion Board (DB). Please read the instructions for the DB assignments carefully as they are different from your other classes that you have had DBs in.
Selecting one of the four topics, you will be required to submit a 300-word minimum main topic posting. Your initial posting should be analytical, persuasive, or reflective in nature. Keep in mind that you will be choosing a different topic for your Individual Project (IP). Please add your references to the main topic posting (required). You are encouraged to do research on the topic from other resources. Each classmate’s response should be a minimum of 100 words per response. Your option is to respond to postings that concern your main topic selection, or you may respond to postings from classmates that have to do with one of the other two topics.
The following topics come from the reading assignments for this week and are all located in the AIU online Library:
Topic 1: Courting Compliance: The Role of Case Managers in Mental Health Courts
Castellano, U. (2011). Courting compliance: Case managers as “double agents'” in the mental health court. Law and Social Inquiry, 36(2), 484–451. http://www.jstor.org/stable/23011900
Topic 2: Oregon’s Criminal Justice System to Be Examined Over Treatment of Mentally Ill People
Wilson, C. (2019, June 10). Oregon's criminal justice system to be examined over treatment of mentally ill people. NPR. https://www.npr.org/2019/06/10/731385501/oregons-criminal-justice-system-to-be-examined-over-treatment-of-mentally-ill-pe
Topic 3: Gender Matters in the Insanity Defense
Breheney, C., Groscup, J., & Galietta, M. (2007). Gender matters in the insanity defense. Law and Psychology Review, 31, 93–123. https://psycnet.apa.org/record/2007-15282-005
Topic 4: From Courtroom to Clinic: Legal Cases That Changed Mental Health Treatment
Fentiman, L. C. (2020). From courtroom to clinic: Legal cases that changed mental health treatment. Journal of Legal Medicine, 40(1), 131–133. https://doi.org/10.1080/01947648.2020.1731322
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25