Mitosis and meiosis are two types of cell division that occur in living organisms. Here are the main differences between them:
Purpose: The main purpose of mitosis is to produce two genetically identical daughter cells, while the main purpose of meiosis is to produce four genetically diverse daughter cells.
Stages: Mitosis consists of four stages: prophase, metaphase, anaphase, and telophase. Meiosis consists of two rounds of division, each with its own set of prophase, metaphase, anaphase, and telophase stages.
Chromosome number: Mitosis occurs in cells with a diploid number of chromosomes (two sets), while meiosis occurs in cells with a haploid number of chromosomes (one set).
Crossing over: Meiosis involves a process called crossing over, which allows for genetic recombination between homologous chromosomes. Mitosis does not involve crossing over.
Daughter cells: Mitosis produces two genetically identical daughter cells, while meiosis produces four genetically diverse daughter cells.
Overall, the main difference between mitosis and meiosis is their purpose: mitosis is used for growth and repair of cells, while meiosis is used for sexual reproduction and the production of genetically diverse offspring.
NAVEEN gamer balu
If you have any more questions or if there’s anything else I can help you with, feel free to ask!
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25