philosophy writing question
In Joseph Campbell’s book, The Hero with a Thousand Faces, he states that there is a common story of the hero across cultures and times found in religious stories, legends, and fairy tales and that this story is in fact everyone’s journey of self-actualization. In an essay, describe stages 1, 3, and 9 of the hero’s journey (the call to adventure, crossing the first threshold, and apotheosis). In the introduction to the essay, identify and explain Campbell’s thesis of his book and define the following terms in the classic Greek sense: hero, myth, and inspiration (each with full descriptions, which by the way are in the lectures and not necessarily from the book). For each of the stages listed above provide the following information and in this order:
1) a full definition of the stage (several sentences)
2) the purpose of the stage
3) provide one full example (several sentences) for each stage, either from Campbell’s book or from lectures. (Do not use examples from Malala because you will be writing a paper on her later.) The length of your essay should be approximately 3 – 4 pages and any exam longer than 5 pages will have a point reduction.Make sure every sentence has an identifiable subject and verb.
2. Do not use semi-colons. Instead, put a period where you are tempted to put a semi-colon, and then make whatever comes after where you wanted to put the semi-colon a full sentence with a subject and verb.
3. Capitalize what needs to be capitalized and do not capitalize what does not need to be capitalized.
4. Never use contractions in formal writings, such as can’t and don’t. Instead use “do not” and “can not.”
5. Use spellcheck. For names that spellcheck does not know, check the correct spelling in the lectures.
6. The first word of each new paragraph should have 5 blank spaces in front of it.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25