For extra credit, submit a 300-500 word reflection about this reading and tying it’s concepts to other materials we have read.
As we head into Thanksgiving, a time of much, much consumption, here is a chance for us all to reflect on what actually determines ethical or moral consumption. To do this, we’re returning to Kimmerer (again!) and her discussion of the principles of the honorable harvest.
The reflection should be both personal and academic, thinking through the philosophical implications and concepts used in the text, while also sharing your own thoughts about and feelings in response to what you read. You can speak about whatever you like, but, here are some questions or directions to get you started.
Which of these principles stand out to you the most and why?
which one do you think is most important or the most difficult?
What does it really mean to only take what we need? How strictly do you think she is defining need? (like, we kinda need it, but mostly want it, or must it be a life and death thing?).
How do the principles work together–like, should need come first, and only afterword “use the whole thing” and “don’t take the first”?
How many of the principles are we able to deploy around consuming non-human animals (asking permission? reciprocating the gift?) And if we don’t “need” to eat them, what do you think Kimmerer would say?
Do you think our consumption practices with plants or animals are mutually beneficial (reciprocal)?
What about the idea that we need to eat in ways that leave some for others? Who are the “others” Kimmerer might mean and do you think our systemic food practices achieve this?
If you were to pick one of these principles to focus on/reflect on this thanksgiving, which would it be and why?
NOTE: If you do this reflection, and you are in group that submits a QFC on Tuesdays, then simply do your QFC on Robinson’s piece.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25